Sunday, January 17, 2010

Catching up!


Oh wow, I haven't posted on here since Christmas! Goodness! Well, let's start with New Years. Zach and I had an AMAZING anniversary trip/New Years. We went to the Retreat at Artesian Lakes for a few days of relaxation! We definitely got it. The word relaxation is foreign in our house. With two incredibly energetic little girls, we rarely have a meal without some sort of episode. We love it though. It was wonderful to be able to spend some time alone for a few days. We did absolutely nothing but lay around, sip coffee on the porch swing, and go for walks. How rejuvenating! Here are a few of my favorite pictures from the trip.

 
Isn't the picture of the sun coming through the trees beautiful? I love it. Well then we came home to our little munchkins and two very tired grandparents! Shortly after we got back it for REALLY cold. I think this picture of Lily is hilarious in her warm outfit. 




She was cheesing big time. What a mess. Here is a nice one of Faith with her first black eye =(. Hopefully her last. She stayed the night with her Auntie Chelle and came home like this. Haha, it always happens when other people have your children. She was going potty and had been in there for a really long time. Rachelle decided to go check on her and when she opened the door, Faith was standing there pulling her pants up, and the doorknob hit her cheekbone. The next morning she had a black eye, Poor baby. She was surprisingly pretty tough about it.


I got a bicycle and bike trailer for Christmas! Woohoo! I had been wanting a bike, and we had been talking about getting a little seat for the back for Lily. Faith is four, and knows how to ride a bike of course. So she could ride along with us right? Wrong. When we go on bike rides with Faith, we maybe make it halfway around the block, and then this happens. We are always far away from the house, and everyone can hear, ugh. We are blessed with two very vocal children, to say the least.


So, as I said, we decided a bike trailer would be the solution. Here is a picture of our first family ride. 

It wasn't quite as pleasant as I had imagined. However, the next go around was much better!


We learned that snacks and drinks are a necessity for a successful Bowden bike ride. Ha! We are going back home today. The girls and I came up to Austin for the weekend to see Granny and Nana. It seems as though that is the only time I am ever really able to update these blogs! I don't know how everyone keeps up with them so well. I am trying though! Oh, one more thing- this past Wednesday we had Girl's Night In at my friend Jeni's to watch The Business of Being Born. I just want to say that EVERY woman should see this documentary. It is absolutely amazing. You can watch it online for $5.99. Here is a quote from the move (so VERY true)  
"Birth is a miracle, a rite of passage, a natural part of life. But birth is also big business."
I am such a believer in everything this documentary stands for. I had Lily naturally with a midwife, and it was one of the best decisions I have ever made.  Take the time to go at least watch the trailer. You can watch it here. So awesome. Ok, I really am done now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment